Website World Justice Network Society (WJNS)
At World Justice Network Society, we are passionate to help people. Our purpose is to make access to justice “easier” by making full use of technology, wherever possible, however possibly we can.
We are looking for an ambitious and entrepreneurial (Technical) Product Manager to internally collaborate with our product team on the roadmap based on market/client feedback while serving as the product collaborator and strategist to our clients to ensure overall success of each deployment. The candidate will work closely with product engineering team to help define, promote, deliver the product, and build future versions of the product/services. The successful candidate must have exceptional communication skills, creativity, problem solving skills, strong business judgment, and demonstrated experience leading and collaborating with a diverse team. We are looking for proven ability to execute both strategically and tactically, and passion to launch new and impactful products to market.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Assist in Product definition, roadmap and strategy
- Developing proposals and product and service features documents
- Managing software products throughout the life cycle (launch to future releases)
- Managing schedules and dependencies
- Business case and global rollout strategy
- Understanding and delivering to customer needs including end-user testing
- Lead through influence with others (engineering, marketing and sales)
- Define success metrics for features or services and track performance
- Managing developer community by maintaining and monitoring GitHub and Developer Portal activities
- Engaging with the developer community to fulfill their expectation from product and services
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent
- A passionate customer advocate
- 5+ years software, technology, program or product management experience preferably with open source, public repositories ;
- 3+ years Product Management experience
- Track record of completing medium to large-scale projects from definition to delivery
- Ability to establish and manage projects and initiatives against a set of key metrics and goals
- Demonstrated experience using testing methods (A/B, focus groups) to evolve products and/or marketing campaign performance
- Strong analytical, project management and organizational skills
- Strong verbal and written communication abilities: with technical and non-technical audience
- Willingness to roll up the sleeves and engage in any activity to complete the product
- Owner mentality and an entrepreneurial drive
- Strong experience in Agile and Scrum
- Ability to have fun and inspire the team
- Eager to learn new technologies
- Be able to work with Atlassian Jira, confluence tools, GitHub, Asana, Slack, Google Apps, VS Code, Ubuntu Linux
Preferred Qualifications :
- An MBA or advanced degree is preferred
- 5+ years of experience in product management
- Passionate about bringing big, creative ideas to market
- Experience working with developers and their communities
- Ability to lead and influence people and align diverse teams to a common goal
- Ability to manage priorities in a fast-paced and agile development environment
- Willingness to think outside the box and act both strategically and tactically.
Note this is a co-op / internship / freelance / volunteer role. We will be glad to provide experience certificate and referral for your next job.
However, the project work will need to be on a voluntary basis, as we are a fully volunteer driven organization.
To apply for this job please visit www.justicenetwork.ca.