Website World Justice Network Society (WJNS)
We are looking for a Data Scientist, to join our team.
The ideal candidate is adept at using large data sets to find opportunities to improve performance and increase value to end users, and using models to test the effectiveness of different courses of action. They must have strong experience using a variety of data mining/data analysis methods, using a variety of data tools, building and implementing models, using/creating algorithms and creating/running simulations. They must have a proven ability to drive results with their data-based insights. They must be comfortable working with a wide range of stakeholders and functional teams. The right candidate will have a passion for discovering solutions hidden in large data sets and working with stakeholders to improve business outcomes.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
Building Attribution Models
- Develop and maintain attribution models to help customers understand marketing campaign performance and return on investment from their marketing investments across online and offline channels. Work with various stakeholders (internal and external) to implement and continually back test and refine models as necessary
- Work with large data sets from different source systems, transforming and cleaning online and offline data to discover actionable insights
- Develop easy to understand visualizations to convey insights to dealers and present clear calls to action
- Extract, clean and transform customer and consumer data from across the organization for the purposes of analysis, modeling, and prediction
Predictive Model Development and Data Mining
- Use predictive modeling to increase and optimize end user experiences
- Mine and analyze data from various data sources to drive optimization and improvement of product development, techniques and strategies.
- Work with stakeholders throughout the organization to identify opportunities to leverage publicly sourced data to drive business solutions and capitalize on opportunities
- Work cross functionally to integrate predictive models within our systems as needed.
- Work closely with the Analytics team to develop best practices and standards for data modeling and management that improve the quality of data product deliverables
- Develop comprehensive testing and measurement programs that quantify and optimize models developed with each successive execution
- Collaborate with BI, Analytics, ISIT and Sales to identify and secure data needed to increase the effectiveness of predictive models
- Identify internal and 3rd party data required to enhance and improve model accuracy; provide input and advice to ISIT/MI/BI teams
- High degree of autonomy – ability to work with product teams to identify requirements and communicate them effectively
- Strong business perspective – ability to understand medium-term (9-12m) implications of business decisions and react accordingly
- A sense of curiosity – ability to ask the right questions and really get data talking
- Strong communication skills – ability to work in both technical and business environments, and can communicate key findings and implications to business leaders
- Creative and innovative thinker with strong problem solving skills
- Ability to interact professionally with all levels within and external to the organization
- Strong leadership, customer and delivery focus
- Passion to build experience in data science, machine learning, model development, quantitative analysis, interpretation and communication to internal and external stakeholders. Experience in online businesses is strongly preferred
- Pursuing or mid way through Bachelors/Masters/Advanced Degree in Mathematics/Statistics, Quantitative Science or Computer Science. Master’s degrees and higher preferred
- Passion for Development of models include innovative solutions that leverage large data sets focused on customer attributes, business attributes and transactional data. The individual should have successfully implemented many analytically advanced models in production for clients/stakeholders with benchmark measurements based on outcome
- Passion or Experience creating and using advanced machine learning algorithms and statistics (ie regression, simulation, clustering, decision trees, neural networks, etc)
- Expert level SQL querying skills; fluent in programs for large scale data analysis (i.e. R, Python, SAS)
- Experience working and combining data from multiple source systems (ie Google Analytics, AdWords, Facebook Insights, Adobe Audience Manager, etc)High level of competency in MS Office Applications (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Access, Outlook)
To apply for this job please visit www.justicenetwork.ca.