At World Justice Network Society, we are passionate to help people. Our purpose is to make access to justice “easier” by making full use of technology, wherever possible, however possibly we can.
What are we looking for:
We are looking for Python Developers who can join our team focused on building our next generation platform to solve the judicial crisis around the world.
The successful candidates will demonstrate knowledge in Python application development, web development and SQL databases in an agile environment. The Python Developers will participate in all phases of development including requirements definition, software design, source code configuration, managing, and tracking source code changes, defining and managing software system configurations, and deployment support. Find innovative and creative ways to help the organization further its business plans and products. The Python Developers will be responsible for the entire project, from working with a Product Manager and UX Designer on the problem being solved, possible solutions, the UI design, implementation, and analytics.
You should possess a mix of technical strength and good product ideas. You will get a chance to work with packages such as Scrapy, HTML, File/PDF Reader, AWS Textract, AWS Elasticsearch, S3, EC2, CodePipelines, CloudFormation, Lambda, CloudFront, and many other leading tools & technologies.
Experience in Python language for software development:
- Must have 2 years of experience in API development on Python 3 using REST framework.
- Development should include working with various frameworks.
- Maintain existing tools and infrastructure as necessary.
- Familiarity with Linux systems and command line scripting
- AWS Cloud: EC2, ECS, CloudWatch, Autoscaling, RDS, Elasticache, etc.
- CI/CD tools: Bitbucket Pipeline / Jenkins / Code PipeLine
- Experience in PHP would be an added advantage
- Lead daily scrum calls with offshore team
- Ability to assess frontend frameworks tools, if the need arise (but not mandatory)
- Define test strategy, guide QA team accordingly
- Self-motivated, independent contributor, coordinator
- Experience of Server Side Performance Engineering is a plus.
- Experience with JIRA, GITHUB, Confluence, Slack is preferred.
Note this is a co-op / internship / freelance / volunteer role. We will be glad to provide experience certificate and referral for your next job.
However, the project work will need to be on a voluntary basis, as we are a fully volunteer driven organization
We invite you to join our Collaboration Team, of top notch developers from around the world.
To apply for this job please visit www.justicenetwork.ca.